Chocolate Bowls

Friday, April 10, 2009


Easter Dessert Bowls are ready! I found the recipe for these bowls surfing the internet. This is the site I found it on (with detailed instructions):
http://www.stephanieskitchen.com/2009/02/chocolate-bowls.html
Basically, you blow up balloons to about 3-4 inches (depending on how much you like dessert, the bigger the bowl, the more you can put inside). Then you melt chocolate in a bowl, dip the 'top' of the balloon in the bowl, rest it on a tray and let it harden in the fridge. (I think if I used water balloons this would have gone a little bit smoother.) Then, cut/pop the balloon, and you are left with a chocolate bowl. I found the 'thicker' the layers of chocolate, the sturdier the bowl as you were peeling the balloon out. I had one chocolate casualty. I'm filling mine with mousse, and toppings. There are a million cute Easter ideas, what great 'nest' these would be....but I just want chocolate, lots, and lots of chocolate. Pictures to come later of the finished dessert, and the bigger clothes I'll need to buy once I eat it.

No comments