Maurine's Purse

Friday, May 22, 2009

For Christmas, Kelly had made me a purse (not pictured), it is super cute, bright colors, and fun, summer, fruit fabrics. As soon as I received the gift, I wanted to try one for myself. Maurine collects purses, so-keeping with the homemade gift themes-I decided to make her one for her birthday. It was fun to find fabric that reminded me of Maurine (even if she wouldn't choose it for herself, it's what I chose for her). I went over to Kelly's and she created a purse for herself while taking me through the steps to make a purse. I couldn't believe how many steps it took! There is a LOT of 'stuff' inside the purse to make the sides, bottom, and handle more sturdy. We even created pockets, and a magnetic clasp. This may be my only purse, but it was a neat experience. Kelly wanted to know if I was going to post 'my' purse after two long nights of sewing, ironing, and cutting....yup, in honor of all Kelly's help-here is the purse Kelly helped me create. I had to wait until now since I didn't want to post before Maurine actually opened the gift.
Inside the Purse

2 comments

Thomas Family said...

Thank you so much its amazing and even better since its made with love

Ella said...

very, very cute!