Here is another great recipe. I got this from one of the best cooks I know, Ann (at work, for any work buddies who are visiting). She brought it to a pot luck. Anytime Ann brings a dish, I ask for the recipe before I even try it because I know it will be great. This was good. I halved the following recipe when I made it since it only had to feed three, but here's the 'complete' recipe.
1. Cook 2 Cups of Rice (2 cups of uncooked rice will turn into 3 cups of cooked rice for the base of the dish), and bake 4-5 Chicken Breast (Add several chicken bouillon cubes, and/or replace the water with chicken broth, and pepper the water when you boil the chicken.) Cube the chicken.
2. Mix 2 Cans of Cream of Chicken, and 1 1/2 Cups Light Sour Cream
3. Crush 2 Stacks of Ritz Crackers (put the sleeves in a large zip-lock bag and use a rolling pin to crush into a finely ground mixture). Add 2 T of Poppy Seeds to the bag, and shake well. Melt a stick of butter and toss with crumb mix.
4. Use a 9x13 caserole dish (spray with Pam), place the rice on the bottom, cover with chicken, and spread the combined soup and sour cream over the chicken. Last, top with the crumb mix. (You can prepare this up to 2 days ahead without the topping, and just combine the butter and crumbs the day you bake it).
5. Bake at 300 degrees for 50 minutes.
Thin Mint Truffles #FillTheCookieJar
3 weeks ago