Day Twelve: Lake Lucerne to Interlaken to Lausanne

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

We should have spent some time in Lucern which is in the middle of the Alps and, surrounded by its lake, and the River Reuss. Our visit included a tour of 'the city walls, a covered wooden bridge, ornate patrician houses lining cobblestone streets, and the Lion Monument.'...and hopefully some cheese! Next, to Stans where I'm thinking I might have headed up the 6,227-foot summit of the Stanserhorn via cablecar. I'm just not a fan of dangling cables, but....maybe there was some good cheese at the top. Later, we headed to Interlaken for a stop, and then we followed the shoreline of Lake Thun to the hilltop village of Gruyère (can you guess my plans for Gruyere? I'm packing crackers). Then we headed a few more miles to Lausanne overlooking Lake Geneva.

No comments