No More Teachers....No More Class....

Friday, June 05, 2009
Today was officially the last day of school for the kiddos, and tomorrow the teachers sign out. I've got my room packed, my key ready to hand in for the summer, and the check list checked. It's not so much that I'm looking forward to ending the year...I do like my job, and there is sadness at the end of each year because there are also a lot of changes that occur each June when we say goodbye and some people follow different roads that take them away from those halls. For better or worse, another school year ended. There were a few moments just about anything else sounded appealing, but it was truly a good year as a whole, and I was thinking as this 'last week' started that it wasn't as if I wanted to get out of there, but I'm still looking forward to a little more than 'a little' time off! The last few weeks are always tough, I even checked to see if there was a full moon because people were acting so strangely (myself included). FYI-the full moon isn't until next week, so I guess we are just all a little weird and tense. So....summer will be here in a few short hour, and I literally start it off with a bang. I'm flying out tomorrow. I'm a little disappointed I didn't get my house cleaned. Today I started 'shoving' things into corners, with hopes of doing a much better job upon my return. My friend, Kelly, and my aunt will be taking care of the home front, so the dogs, and cat will be well taken care of, and that's what I always miss most when I'm away. I love those little furr balls. I can not lie, I'm gonna enjoy missing them from Europe this time around! I've created post that will pop up daily with my skeleton schedule for the day so I can fill in the information when I return. I don't know how much free internet I can find in Europe, so....I'm going to have to learn to let go of the internet a little and enjoy the live world around me! Yay, Europe!

No comments