I'm the New Owner....

Thursday, July 09, 2009
....of my 6 year old Trail Blazer! I finally sent off the final payment(s) this month. I actually paid the next three months because I had some savings from all the fun Saturday Schools I participated in this past year, and I was tired of thinking about 'when' I paid it off,it felt GOOD! And then, today the sky opened up and it hailed marble sized pellets on the old girl! Luckily, this story is not nearly that exciting b/c, to my knowledge, there is no damage, but as I was watching it come down, I was thinking-I JUST PAID THAT OFF! I appreciate God's sense of humor at times like this! So now that I'm rolling in extra teacher money (hold on while I pause and appreciate MY sense of humor at this statement), I'm paying off my summer vacation....this could take awhile, and then, I'll try something smart and start putting away funds for another car....hopefuly a LONG way down the road b/c A) I like my 'ride.' and B) I don't like car payments!

3 comments

Charles and Heidi said...

Way to go, Christy!!! I am so happy for you!! We haven't had a car payment in several years.. but of course our car is a 1999 and has 240,000 miles on it. You would think we would have a hefty car fund by now.. but no. A small one. We are determined to never have a car payment again.. so we better get busy!! Thanks for the reminder!!! And Praise God for no hail damage!!!

Thomas Family said...

CONGRATS!! We are in the car debate at the moment. Do we buy the lease off or get something else?

Msheepers said...

Awesome!