Martha's Barbeque Sauce

Saturday, July 04, 2009
Here is my 'Welcome to July' post!
I am constantly in awe of all you Mom's (and dads) with families, and busy lives who do this cooking 'stuff' multiple times a day. So....I'm trying a few more times a WEEK to cook....I got an Everyday Food magazine in the mail (I don't know how or why I've been getting this magazine). I've been working through the magazine recipe by recipe. I've had some misses, but I had to share this one recipe for BBQ Sauce that was a complete hit. It was DELICIOUS. So far, I marinated chicken in the mix, and then brushed the top of the chicken once it was almost complete on the grill. This July 4th I'm marinating a brisket in the rest. I can't find the recipe on the site yet, so I've typed it up.
Here it is, the recipe....
Classic Barbecue Sauce from Martha Stewart
Ingredients:
2 T Vegetable Oil
1 small onion, diced small
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
2 t. ground mustard
1 can (28 oz) tomato sauce
1/4 c. molasses
2 T. Worcestershire sauce
3 T. white vinegar
2 t. salt
1 1/2 t. ground pepper.
Instructions:
1. In a med saucepan, heat oil over medium. Add onion and cook until completely soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 min.
2. Add tomato paste and mustard. Cook, stirring constantly, until paste turns a brick red color, about 5 minutes. Add 2 c. water, tomato sauce, molasses, Worcestershire, vinegar, salt, and pepper and stir until smooth.
3. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and partially cover. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 2 hours (thin with water if sauce becomes too thick). Season to taste with vinegar, salt, and pepper. Let cool completely before using. (Store up to 1 week in the fridge, or freeze up to 4 months). Makes 5 1/2 cups.
OK, so then when I was trying to just find a link to this sauce, I came across this really cute gift idea. Maybe you'll get a jar from me that looks something like this soon, but practice your look of 'shock' when you get it, OK?

1 comment

Msheepers said...

Looks like they've added it online recently too.

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/classic-barbecue?autonomy_kw=Classic Barbecue Sauce&rsc=header_1