Praying in Faith

Thursday, July 23, 2009
This was a forward I just received, and I really liked this commentary, and of course, I love this verse. I always want to remember, and put my faith in God's promises, and not any outside influence.
Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
Hebrews 11:6, NIV

Anne Graham Lotz wrote:
Have you based your faith . . .
on what someone else has told you God wants to do for you?
on what you have seen Him do for another person?
on what you think is fair or loving?
on what you think would be in the best interest of those involved?
on a doctor's recommendation for treatment?
You and I must pray in faith, or our prayer will not be pleasing to God. If your faith as you pray is based on anything other than faith in God's specific promise given to you in His Word, then your prayer is on a shaky foundation. So ask God to give you a promise from His Word on which you can pray in faith.

No comments