30

Monday, July 20, 2009

In celebration of my oldness, my Mom hosted a lunch at the Chocolate Angel Tea Room, my favorite. In deciding what I wanted to do, I knew I wanted to keep it relatively small (less stress) and quiet, I think approaching a new decade should be a delicate matter! The Chocolate Angel has the best food, and the cutest atmosphere, and it was the perfect mix of 'old' friends. I like 'old' things, and I'm getting a little less emotional about joining that category. 15 friends and I ate lunch, and laughed.
In the evening, I went out to dinner with family. After a lot of thought, I decided I wanted to go to Kuby's in Snyder Plaza. It's authentic German food, and it reminded me of the trip we just took, prompted by the big 3-0 age change.
After dinner, we headed back to the house, and I got (more) gifts, and we had cake (from Stein's, so delicious). It was a really nice way to spend the first day of my thirties. If this is what my third decade of life is going to be like, I think it'll do nicely. :O)

3 comments

Ella said...

so fun! ...and that beautiful cake is making my mouth water! :)

Thomas Family said...

I am so sorry I can't be there in person for every bday

Charles and Heidi said...

Yea!! I was hoping that someone would pull out all the stops for your day!! Great job, Margie and the rest of the family!!