Cheesecake "On-A-Stick"...Of Course.

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

I've seen these all over the web lately. There was apparently a competition a month or so back from the Daring Baker's website. There are a lot of great instructions on making the pops. I just took a few slices of cheesecake I bought at the store, and I scooped the pieces into balls. I even included the crust (I've seen where some people rolled the balls in graham crackers). I got 7 pops out of two slices of cheesecake. After I formed the balls, and inserted the sticks, I put them in the freezer for about an hour before rolling them in melted chocolate, and sprinkling them with toppings of my choice.

These are for Holly, who's birthday is today, but....as any good cook knows-never give away a treat you haven't sampled...

I prefer cake balls, but I never was a real fan of cheesecake, and now it can be checked of my wish list of things I wanted to try.

No comments