He's Up to Something....

Monday, August 03, 2009
I feel the need to 'say it with a song' this week. I like Brandon Heath...and the song (below) always makes me pause in all my questioning, and accept (even for a moment) it's 'good' whatever 'it' is that's happening. It's exciting to see God at work, even when I don't know what He's up to in my life!
Psalms 119:105 says "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path."
Someone told me years ago to think about how a lamp illuminates...you can see the next few steps so you don't stumble, but not everything to come on the path. I have been searching the bible for the verse about the 'spot light' God said He'd provide (still looking for that verse), because the human who likes to make list in me wants a well lighted airport runway to walk down, not a path with a lamp. The Christian in me is learning to let go. I do know there are enough "...do not fear" versus to cover all the days of they year, so that should keep me going for...well, for'ever'! God's been moving things out of my life, and changing things up I didn't realize needed changing over the last 6 months, and despite the surprise, and the feelings involved in letting go, I'm pretty upbeat to know God is 'up to something,' and if God's in charge of the plans, I know He can throw a pretty fabulous life party!

1 comment

Jo said...

There was one word you left out that profoudly (no coffee yet, no spell check, oh well) changed my life when I accepted it. I would say it, the one word, beyond any bible verse, sermon, or song, moved my center to God and my life went with it. I chose homebirth because of it, I chose homeschooling because of it, and now if I ignore it, I crumble and stumble and become lost. The word is: TRUST. If you completly TRUST HIM, you know you are exactly where you should be. If you know you are "dancing" to His song, you know you are being led to His dance. Your list making is no accident by your nature, that is His creation in you. So know, "He's not finished with you yet" and pray that He teaches you how to fully and wildly TRUST HIM.