Ornament Cupcakes

Thursday, December 17, 2009

I saw this cupcake idea a year ago in Hello, Cupcake (my very favorite cupcake decorating book...ever). At the time, I had too many treats already scheduled for my Christmas festivities, and so I set this aside for a year. The book, and site get much more detailed with all sorts of fun food manipulatives for decorating like fruit roll up stripes etc, but this was all I had left in me---red sprinkles, M&M's, and gumdrop, and red string licorice loops. I can live with these. I'm giving these out to my coworkers as a little holiday treat, though I'm sure what they need is one more sweet, but everyone is getting homemade gifts this year, so....this is all I can come up with for now.
A Tree Full....or is it a Tray full of ornament cupcakes?

No Guts, No Glory-Red Velvet Cupcakes Guts (it's a mix from Sprinkles), and Cream Cheese Icing.

Someday I'll make Red Velvet from scratch, but for now, I'm going to let someone else at least mix the dry ingredients for me, I had enough trouble with the wet-I've been through 4 beaters in the last 2 months (to be fair, the first one was four years old).

1 comment

Ella said...

love these, christy! so cute!!