I Don't Believe in Luck....

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Never have, never will, BUT there is still something fun about St. Patrick's Day. I guess it's the green, the idea of being pinched, the pure strangeness of this holiday, and the traditions that have evolved....I dunno-I think someone invented the day for drinking beer. Anyway, at the risk of my little friend, Donovan, being pinched (though I'm pretty sure his Irish Mama will take care of the green)-I tried out this shoe pattern again (http://christyrobbins.blogspot.com/2009/12/someday-in-heaven.html) on some little green shoes-trying to make them look as 'boyish' as possible so my name won't ever make his therapy list. I had some technical difficulties due to a sewing machine that was done sewing....but at the risk of not 'finishing something' (says the task driven girl), I completed them anyway. The sides are so narrow, they may not stay on his little feet, but I didn't remake them b/c I figured he'd only be wearing them for one occasions b/c A) Shamrocks are only in style on March 17th, and B) I suspect his foot will be bigger than 3 months by this time next year. So...Shamrock shoes for Donovan-because it's always good to have someone that sends you strange gifts. I never had a strange gift giver in my life, and I felt really left out not getting blue jean vest with appliqued, dancing cows, and rhinestones decorating the pockets via the mail (another story, for another time).....

2 comments

Jo said...

You are not a strange gift giver, you are a fairy godmother. She was also a "crafter" you know! "Here, let me take some fabric and whip up a dress for you and give me a pumpkin and I'll paint it and put wheels on it."

Thomas Family said...

We loved the shoes and they completed his green attire.