A Project...Because it's Monday...

Monday, February 22, 2010
I got this frame at Michael's for a dollar a few weeks ago...they have tons of shapes and sizes in the unfinished wood section, I know...'cause I was there again today. I didn't get any more frames, which was really difficult for me, because I had a little Dave Ramsey moment. Did I mention it was really hard for me to leave the others there? It was...really...hard...for...me. It's just a dollar (or 6 considering how many I'd usually get), but....you should see my project pile. I should hope the local fire department NEVER sees my project pile, I could be ticketed as a fire hazard.

What is not shown is that it's actually a pretty thick wood (maybe 1/3 of an inch? ...and yes, I use the term 'wood' lightly...). It comes with a little spoke so that it can rest on a table, or hang on a wall. There is no glass, but that would be easy to rectify if you wanted. I don't 'want.' Because it was Monday (which has nothing to do with anything) I decided instead of shoving this into one of the many...many...many unorganized locations that I keep project 'stuff' to mess with someday (in case I get snowed in and can't get to the craft store?)....I'd turn this into something. I had some paper from Hobby Lobby (seen below on the frame) and ribbon (I think I already mentioned this little 'problem'-I have a huge tub (OK tubs) of ribbon rolls), and decided tonight was the night. Carla's upcoming baby, Alexis is going to have a girlie animal themed nursery, thus-the giraffe print. Side note: I might be a little addicted to animal print-someday I'll detox.
OK...as for this-simple, simple, simple. I painted the edges brown. Then I used a gluestick to slap down two pieces of scrapbook paper. Next I used my Cricut (I might be a little addicted to this too) to cut out her names (stickers would work too). After that I used Mod Podge (another addiction, I like to diversify), and then slapped down a ribbon (I might be...oh, nevermind). It was still drying when I snapped the picture, but you get the idea.

Now to the root of the problem. I didn't make this for her baby shower (in a month, which is what I SHOULD have been working on b/c invites need to be made, printed, and shipped out at the end of this week). I made it for no reason. I already know what I'm getting for her baby shower, I already have her Christening gift, and so I guess that leaves a 'first time I get to see her gift.' It will be no problem filling a package with animal print goodies, 'cause I'm a little bit addicted. I was thinking about all the potentials of these frames-table number signs etc, but then I made myself stop...it's not good for my health to have these thoughts. I wonder what tomorrow will bring....because it's Tuesday.

4 comments

Lori said...

totally cuteness!!

Msheepers said...

You should stop working and turn your hobbies into a business.

With word of mouth advertising (and you could later sell items over the internet), you'd be set for life!

Crafty Mommy Diva said...

Love the animal print-so adorable. Thanks for adding this to Scrappy Saturdays!

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Love the picture frames! No wonder I love your stuff, your're from Texas too!!