Weather Forecast...a Recipe Rain Storm

Friday, February 19, 2010
I was just sifting through all my recipes for a project I completed last month (but can't talk about yet b/c I've got that whole-'wait until the person's actual holiday etc' thing going this year on my blog. Such a novel idea: surprises, some people actually like them (just not me)). BUT as I was wading through the mess of recipes I've become obsessed with making them all again....which is not good b/c I also have this large box of recipes from family, friends, and assorted chefs, cooks, bakers, and websites that I am drawn towards-and always eager to add to a weekly menu. This is why I had to reconcile with the stupid gym. No backtracking while going back into the ol' recipe box.
I think photography, and cooking are two things I like best (...this week), regardless of all the gluesticks, and fabric in my house that would lead you to believe otherwise, along with the less than stellar kitchen skills I sometimes exhibit-which is why I love 'other people's recipes.' They are tried and true, and more difficult for me to mess up. I'm always asking people for recipes, and I love it when people post things that really work for them, because I've made more meals that DON'T work than those that actually do-this is not fun for me.
So, I'm going to start my hand at sharing more recipes (though I can't say that I'm also going to take time to work on 'food photography'...I'm too busy chasing my dogs around with my camera). I've posted a few through the years, but now in an effort to keep track of my own experiences (which is what I use this blog for-private journaling-open for public consumption to keep me a little more censored).
I felt I owed an explanation to the direction some of these post are about to go. I don't know why I have to explain things on a personal blog, but that's just the kinda girl I am.
P.s. Did I mention I love it when people share recipes with me?

2 comments

Anonymous said...

APPLE DUMPLINGS

Preheat oven to 350
Grease your pan

1 granny smith apple cut into 8 slices (of course remove core)
1 can Crescant rolls
1 stick butter (melted)
3/4 C sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 Tbl. flour
1 can sprite (or 7-up)

Roll each apple slice wedge with a crescant triangle and place in pan.
Mix melted butter, sugar, cinnamon and flour together until smooth. Spoon over
apples.
Pour can of sprite around apples (not on top of them)
Bake for 40 min.

*this will make 8 dumplings

Christy said...

Thank you, Maggie! I can't wait to try it....again. :O)