A 'Spicey' Bachelorette Party...In the Making

Saturday, April 17, 2010

My pal Aimee, from church, is getting married next week! Three years ago we met in a church small group, and we spent many evenings around her kitchen table discussing being single...very...single. Now she's a double, and she's happy...very...happy. She's met a great guy. (I'm happy too, minus that other 'stuff' Aimee found. :O) Someday...but for now, I glue...I glitter....I grow...). Some other gals and I are hosting a bachelorette party in Aimee's honor at a local Mexican Restaurant. I'm in charge of bringing a few centerpieces to the party. I've used these sort of things before at Fiesta Themed party. I had the mini "couple" pinatas already. Please let me pause for a moment and bask in the world of mini. I giant heart mini-everything.
....basking....
I'm done. They sell these little pinata guys and gals at Party City, Oriental Trading, or you can borrow a time machine and go get them at Gardenridge at half off in their clearance section two years ago. I got the candles at a nearby Mexican Grocery Store. They are a little smaller than ones I've bought in the past. They come in tons of bright colors, but I went with white b/c I couldn't decide what three colors I'd use if I didn't. I then made some mini flowers.
...basking in my mini world again...
I'm done. It took me a minute to remember how to make these....exactly...and so...for my benefit (it's not rocket science, or even 5th grade science material, but...)...I will now go into the world of 'how to.' (P.s. My friend Terry made HUGE tissue flowers using plastic table clothes to hang on the corner of tents for a rally that turned out really great, just a thought.)

1. I cut the tissue down to 10x5 inches....oh, so carefully (insert laugh).
2. Accordion folded two tissue pieces together.
3. I cut a little curve along both edges.
4. Pinched in the middle, and wrapped a pipe cleaner around the middle, and folded the two sides together.
5. Fluffed...and then...

These may be the only pictures that are allowed access to my blog from this bachelorette. The world and my friends, say, "Thank you." To be continued is to be determined on a whim....later. I also like to keep my options open for blackmail. Someday this could be me, and I'll need some leverage.

5 comments

Leslie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your flowers! I am excited to follow your blog!

Lori said...

Very fiestive! I heart anything mini too! Sprouts has mini peanut butter cups. In the scoop bins. One scoop about .75 cents.

Brianna! said...

They are SO soooo pretty!
xoxo
bB***

Kansas Amy said...

Oh, how cute!! Stop by my blog for my 100th post giveaway if you get the time! Happy blogging!

FrouFrouBritches said...

CUTE!!!