Chicken Salad

Sunday, May 16, 2010

I don't eat a lot of chicken salad, I'm not really into 'creamy' meats....or creamy breads. I spent a couple years trying out some recipes for chicken salad b/c everyone else seemed to like it, and I wanted to have one in my arsenal. This is, by far, my favorite. I think it has enough other 'stuff' to counteract the 'creamy meat' issue I have. I decided to make some the other day b/c I had all the ingredients on hand. Yup, it's still my favorite chicken salad.
Mix:
2 c. diced chicken, 1/2 c. mayo, 2 T. sour cream, 1 c. sliced (in four) green grapes, 3 green onions (diced), 1 rib of celery (diced), 1/2 c. walnuts, 1/4 t. salt, pepper (to taste), 1 T. lemon, 1 t. honey.

3 comments

Candi said...

yum! I'm trying this.

Stacey said...

This sounds SO delicious! Definitely going in the recipe file!

Caren @ The Attic Studio said...

That sound so similar to my on-the-fly chicken salad (which just means I throw whatever I have in the bowl). I have never put honey in it though! Thanks for following my blog! I'd love to see that "C" of yours! :)