I sewed all six pieces together along the 24 inch edge, and then, as I got to the sixth piece and sewed the first and sixth together, I inserted the ribbon to hold the entired tent up, created a loop and then sewed back and forth 5 or 20 times to hold it in place.
I then turned it inside out and pinned it on the hula hoop.
This just let me know how I was going to sew the base of the tent to the top. I latered removed the pins, and sewed on ties so that Blythe can pack this in her suitcase and head home to California after the holiday festivities (Living with Punks snapped the hula hoop in half, and threaded it in for a permanant home, Blue's tutorial uses the ties).
Next I took the second sheet (I had left over from the first sheet....I'll be able to put this to use on one of the 3,456 projects I plan on working on this month, I could have added a little more to the width of sheet two if I wanted the tent to meet completely, but....I didn't. Mostly because I'm lazy, but also b/c....I didn't want to.). I cut out 8 inch wide triangles, sewed the edges, and then just attached them along the top of the sheet that would be sewn onto the tent top later.
Ignore the wrinkles....I did. OK...I didn't, but....I had a few arguments with the sheets even after ironing. I think it'll be OK once it hangs from a ceiling for awhile. I sewed another black piece of fabric to the bottom, just because I felt like it.
I added big buttons to the flowers. I'm sure I broke 17 or 18 child safety laws when I added the buttons.