Chocolate Croissants

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

These are yummy. More importantly, these are easy to make. Maybe I'm the last person on earth to know about this recipe, but even so....I'm going to blog about it. This way, if I ever get hit over the head and forget everything I ever knew....well, that won't be such a bad thing, but I'd at least like access to this recipe. By the way, me, if you are reading this and you forgot everything you ever knew, I want to tell you-you hate bread, and sweets, and you LOVE running, in fact, you run marathons, so....get back on the threadmill, girl. OK....to the rest of the world...and by 'the rest of the world'...I mean all three of you that might accidently read this....
Here's my super secret, very difficult recipe for Chocolate Croissants.
Ingredients:
1 package of canned croissants
1/2 a package of chocolate morsels
3 T. of Sugar
(I made up those last two measurements so it would seem like a real recipe).
Directions:
Lay out a croissant, place about a Tablespoon of morsels on top.

Roll as directed on the package.

Make sure the ends are sealed so no chocolate is showing (this will prevent it from seeping out while you bake). Sprinkle each croissant with sugar. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes (or until golden brown).
Linking To:
Inside Brucrew Life
TodaysCreativeBlog
It's a Blog Party
Night Owl Crafting
French Obsession Party
A Crafty Soiree
House of Hepworths
Prairie Story
Simply Sweet Home
Funky Junk
504 Main
Tatortots and Jello
Under the Table and Dreaming

29 comments

Lori said...

Wow, I am gaining weight just looking at the picture, looks yummy.

Brianna! said...

OH MY
LOVE this soo much

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

My 11 year would love this. He will only eat pancakes if I put mini choc chips in them.

I don't know how you have writer's block. Writing with humor seems to come quite easily for you. :)

Best wishes, Tammy

Jocelyn said...

I made choc filled homemade poptarts and was thinking how much easier it would have been to just use croissants! I would love it if you would link this up to my recipe hop. insidebrucrewlife.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Guess what is in my pantry? 1/2 of a bag of chocolate morsels. 'Nuff said.

Erin said...

These look so good. I would like to have some right now =o)

www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

Kerri said...

Oh my word! I am so going to make these...just need to pick up the croissants (ASAP!) They look so yummy and easy!
You are a delight...your sense of humor cracks me up!!

Prairie Story said...

Yummy! I remember eating chocolate croissants when I was in Paris. BTW I have a recipe swap on my blog every Thursday - hope you can join! http://prairiestory.blogspot.com/

Angela - Thrifty Homemaker said...

These look tasty and easy to make. I am sharing your link with my facebook friends.

Angela

Anonymous said...

um, yummy!! my hubs and I had chocolate croissants everyday of our honeymoon in Paris in March 2009 and we haven't had them since, so we will DEFINITELY be making these. I'm bookmarking your recipe now! Thanks for sharing!!

-Hannah, www.peggyanndesign.com

PS - I found your blog via the linky at House of Hepworths!

Unknown said...

Oh double Yum! Super pictures! I love this...great tutorial and easy and YUMMY! Thank you for linking up :)
Hugs

Dee@FrenchBleuVintage said...

Oh dear GOD!!! You just made me so happy!! Im off like a prom dress to my grocery store.

KimMalk said...

Yum, I'm starving right now and these look delicious!

TheCraftBarn said...

Yummy! I posted a link to this recipe on my blog:
http://thecraftbarn-ny.blogspot.com/2010/09/yummy-wednesday-or-should-i-say.html
Thanks,
Jennifer @ The Craft Barn

Katie said...

Those look so good Christy! I get something similar from Panera, but now that I know how easy it would be to make some at home...oh no, you may have created a chocolate croissant MONSTER! Ha, ha, ha☺ BTW thanks for your sweet comments about my interview at Yesterday on Tuesday and for exposing yourself as a curriculum junkie, like me! Hmm...we both like crafting AND education, sounds like we were meant to live closer by each other!

highheeledlife said...

Hi there visiting from Frenchy's French obsession party ... I am going to try these... what a creative way to start the day with a little french....HHL

Prairie Story said...

Thank you for sharing today @ Prairie Story Recipe Swap!

April@The 21st Century Housewife said...

That is a very cool idea - so quick and easy and yet very, very yummy!

Unknown said...

I used to get something a lot like these at a bakery in Saravjevo, where I lived for a month (in the city, not the bakery....though I WISH it was the bakery). Thanks for making me reminisce....and drool just a bit.

Laura said...

This is a recipe my family could really get behind! Most of my cooking gets yucky faces and doubtful looks, but this... not so much! Happy dancing, I think!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you shared this super secret recipe. Apparently, I was the last person in world to know about it!

Anonymous said...

It's 4AM here, I can't sleep and I am hungry... these look so delicious... too bad I am on a diet.... but I think I will be making them for my kiddos.

Kelley said...

Great idea... why I never thought of it before?? Thank you!

idesign said...

so easy and delicious, i make these too :)

{northern cottage} said...

all I can say is YUM!

malia said...

yum
yum
yum
thanks for linking up to A Crafty Soiree last Thursday... hope to see your most recent creation tomorrow (-:

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

I love the sound of these! So yummy!

Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites!

Holly Lefevre said...

Oh yum! I do something similar with raspberry jam...but everything is better with chocolate!

Bella @ Bella before and after said...

Oh yummy, these look DELICIOUS, yummo!!!