This is my cupcake holder process.
Drink Dr Peppers, wash, and save the cans...it's for a good cause.
Squish in the middle. Squish-one of my favorite words.
Cut with scissors...maybe not the same ones you use to cut fabric....
I'm pretty sure that just changed someone's life....or not. I just wanted to assure you....I'm not a one trick pony. Gummy tricks, I'm the life of most parties with this sort of arsenal. And now....the recipe:
Dr Pepper Cupcakes
Ingredients: 1 1/2 c. Dr Pepper Soda (one can), 1/2 c. vegetable oil, 1 stick of salted butter, 4 T cocoa powder (she suggest dark cocoa), 2 c. sugar, 2 c. flour, 1 t. baking soda, 2 eggs, 1/2 c. buttermilk
1. In a pan, combine Dr Pepper, oil, butter, cocoa. Stir over medium heat. When it starts to simmer, turn off the stove. Make sure it is well mixed.
2. Add all the dry ingredients, but don't over mix (I took this a LITTLE too seriously and had a few flour flakes left, so....find a middle ground).
3. In a separate bowl, beat the buttermilk and eggs, and then add it to the rest of the mix, and blend together.
4. Place these in cupcake liners. *You need to fill the liners almost completely full b/c this does not rise very much!! I only left about 1/3-1/4 inch of the liner left. I think chocolate cake is one of the most temperamental, and it doesn't love to rise much, and will happily fall if there is too much noise, or you look at it funny. It did rise some, but not an excessive amount...so....fill 'em up.
5. Bake at 350 for 13-16 minutes. Start checking at 13, you don't want to overcook them. (Add about five minutes if you are making a cake).
Buttercream Icing Recipe
Ingredients: 1 lb powdered sugar, 1 1/2 T milk, 1/2 T water, 1 1/2 t vanilla, 1 c. chocolate chips, 1/4 c. cocoa powder, 1/2 stick butter
1. Combine sugar, milk, water, and vanilla.
2. In a pan, melt and stir together the chocolate, cocoa, and butter.
3. Add melted chocolate mix to the sugar mix. Beat together until smooth and fluffy. You may need to add more butter, or milk if your mix looks too crumbly.
Ice....and enjoy....or send them as far away from your house as possible before you enjoy too many. It's up to you.