I have to work five whole days this week. In fact, my contract says I have to work five whole days every week. Life...is...so...rough. Not only do I have to work, this week a team of us are testing the entire school's fluency. After sitting through 450++ kids reading three stories at close proximity, I usually get a mysterious cold that last me a few weeks. When I say "usually" I mean....every time for the last four years, no matter how much hand sanitizer, or human size plastic bubbles I bring to try to prevent the cold. High immunity is not one of my super powers. In honor of my upcoming cold, I baked some cupcakes for the small team since it may be the last time I'm able to taste for the next week or so. I always lose my sense of taste. Ironically, I never lose my appetite. I love cinnamon buns. Case in point, cinni in mini.
Cinnamon Bun Cupcake Recipe
Cinnamon Cupcake Ingredients (Makes 12)
1 c. sugar, 1/2 c. butter-softened, 2 eggs, 2 t. baking powder, 1/8 t. salt, 1 heaping T cinnamon, 1 1/2 c. sifted flour, 1/2 c. milk
Cinnamon Cupcake Instructions
2. Blend butter, sugar, and eggs.
3. Add powder, salt, cinnamon, and half of the flour. Blend. Add milk. Blend. Add the rest of the flour.
4. Bake in lined cups at 350 degrees for about 21 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean).
8 oz cream cheese, 1/2 c. butter-softened, 1/8 t. salt, 3 3/4 c. powdered sugar, 1/2 t. vanilla, 1 T. cinnamon (set aside)
Cream Cheese Frosting Instructions
1. Blend all ingredients except cinnamon. Set aside 1/2 cup, and add the rest to a ziplock bag (freezer bags work best b/c they are thicker and won't bust open at the seams etc). Snip of a large corner, and swirl on your frosting.
2. Mix the last 1/2 c. of frosting with cinnamon, add to a ziplock bag.
*Store these in the fridge, but set them out and let them come to room temperature before serving.