Pie Pop Cookies

Friday, September 03, 2010
This is going to be filed under 'here's an idea'....and 'here's how it could be better.'  This was a test, this was only a test, should this have been an actual attempt, well....then I have some work to do....
  I saw an idea like this in Parenting Magazine.  I haven't decided to 'take up parenting.'  (I just heard some of my friends sigh in relief), but I did need to bust a little boredom while waiting for my dentist to clean my teeth, and as soon as I flipped to a page on circus ideas and pie pops of some sort...they called me back, so I actually have no idea how they did this, so here is my version from the 'visuals.'  I made real pies-on-a-stick a few years ago (sources, and methods are here), but this is certainly easier, though maybe a little less impressive.  I simply took some sugar cookie dough, cut a circle, pressed by (floured) fork along the edge, and then I sprinkled the top with cinnamon sugar. 
I baked the cookies on the stick.  Next time, I'd make the circle I cut smaller so they wouldn't spread so far, and I'd make sure the dough was colder when it went into the oven so it kept it's shape a little better.  It would also be fun to ice these cookies up like pies, which I did last Thanksgiving, and I wrote about here, I later saw this idea as a cupcake....CU-UTE.   These WOULD have been cute Thansgiving table markers with little names attached, but I didn't wait, and I have another idea,  and I don't know if I'm celebrating Thanksgiving this year, that's, like, 2 months away.  I could fall in love with some smooth talking Italian, and move to Venice and forget all about this American holiday...heritage, and the three dogs I left behind.....or not.  I just didn't want to miss this opportunity to try this little idea out...just in case. 

3 comments

Sassy Sites! said...

Thanks for joining our blog party over at Sassy Sites! I always love to see the fun blogs and cute stuff that everyone is working on! Come back next Friday... xoxo

Lorie said...

CUTE! I love the whole pie on a stick trend!

Christine said...

Simply adorable!