Pecan Pie Muffins

Thursday, November 11, 2010
I saw this recipe at the Tasty Kitchen via a gal named BlackhawkWife.  The name caught my attention.  I need no excuse to consume pecan pie in the morning, but when they come in a muffin form, people talk less.  This is perfect for fall.  The recipe doesn't get a lot simpler.  I think these are best after a night of rest.  Aren't we all better after a nice rest?  It took me awhile to wrap my mind around the idea that they aren't super sweet.  I usually like to feel my teeth rotting when I bite into something, but then I realized these really are little pecan pies.  Not too sweet, a little bit squishy in the center with a nice little crust around the edge.  I think I'll go make nine more....and this is the recipe I'll use to make 'em. 
Pecan Pie Muffins (Makes 9)
Ingredeints:
2/3 c. softened butter, 2 eggs, 1 c. brown sugar, 1 c. crushed pecans, 1/2 c. flour, (set aside) 3 T. of butter

Instructions:
1.  Blend butter and eggs. 
2.  Add in the rest of ingredients (except the 3 T. of butter), just until combined. 
3.  Pour into 9, greased muffins. 
4.  Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. 

16 comments

Lori said...

The butter melting looks yummy and makes my mouth water. I have all that stuff, need to try them.

Lisa said...

Pecan pie and muffins in one? I'm there! I made pecan pie cookies last year and they were a huge hit. I bet these are just as good!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

OMG those look amazing! So might make them tonight for desert/tomorrow's breakfast.

Courtney @ {not so homemade} said...

Mmmm! These look and sound really good!

I would LOVE for you to link up to my What's Cooking Wednesday!

http://notsohomemade.blogspot.com/2010/11/from-scratch-pumpkin-pie-1110-whats.html

Sarah @ Sugar Bananas said...

Oh YUM! I can almost taste the awesome crust you described. This looks great! Thanks for linking up with Sweets This Week.

~Sarah

Katherine said...

Looks so good-I love pecan pie & muffins so this is definately a winner!

Vanessa Oliveira said...

EU ADORO SEU BLOG.
I LIKE TO BLOG.
BEIJOS.
KISS.

Mickey said...

Yum!!! Gotta make these!
mickey

megan {homemade ginger} said...

these look so cute and tasty! I may have to try them out for Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing!

NoraK said...

This is going to be my Thanksgiving Day breakfast!! Thank you!

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Oh.my.goodness. I am sooooo making these.

ShirleyC said...

You can also make these in those mini muffin pans to use as finger foods. They are wonderful!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Don't those look good! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites!

Heather said...

I made these last night for dinner (they were supposed to be for breakfast this morning, but they all mysteriously disappeared before we went to bed), and they were amazing! So easy to make, and so soo sooo yummy! Thanks for all your great blogs!

Katie said...

I am SO making these yum!

Anonymous said...

Just got thru making these and they are to die for! They didn't last long! Thanks for the recipe. I gave a shout out to you on my blog about these.