Burlap Stocking

Tuesday, December 14, 2010
I saw this stocking idea on HGTV.  I thought it would be a really cute package idea for gifts.  I traced one of the stockings I have hanging in my house for the shape onto two  pieces of burlap and cut it out.  I sewed them together, left the raw edge showing, and put a little muslim ruffle at the top along with a small loop of fabric for hanging. I thought about painting on an initial, but sometimes it's fun to regift packaging...or, uh...so I hear.  I'd love to try this out again with some old coffee burlap bags with printing per the original idea.  This little guy got filled up with some gifts, and it now has a new home.

3 comments

Jen said...

This is super cute!

Katie said...

Very cute, I love burlap but have yet to use any. A monogram would be cute but so would a generic holiday symbol like a holly berry silhouette...then it could still be um, regifted...not that I know anyone who'd ever even think about that:)

Deb said...

burlap is really in this year...atleast in bloggy world...