Homemade Gifts: Seasoned Oyster Crackers

Saturday, December 04, 2010

A pal at work made these crackers for me as a thank you a few years ago. I don't remember what I did, and I doubt I deserved them, she's just thoughtful like that and she often makes sweet little treats like these for friends. They are really good, and she was kind enough to share the recipe with me. I think they make a great gift to give to pals at work, or misc friends that you never know quite WHAT to get for the holidays. I halved the recipe, and it still made a large pan full. They are packed full of flavor. If you are sensitive to salt, I'd cut down on the ranch seasoning, but you can't find a treat much easier or tastier. These are great on their own, but it would be fun to pair this with some gourmet tomato soup and make a whole little gift package out of this. But for this year...a bucket of crackers will have to do! Here's the full recipe.

Seasoned Oyster Crackers
Mix: 1 c. canola oil, 2 (heaping) t. of dill weed, 1/4 t. garlic powder, 1/2 t. lemon pepper, 1 pkg ranch.
Pour Over: 2 pkgs of oyster crackers in a large bowl, mix with a wooden spoon.
Bake for 20 minutes in a cake pan at 200-225 degree oven. Stir crackers 10 minutes into the cooking.
Linking To: 
Remodelaholics

4 comments

Christine said...

yum...I am on this!

Kathryn said...

These sound like they would be delicious in soups. Thanks for sharing this with us!

Kelli W said...

Yum! My aunt made something like this with cheese crackers and it was so good!

Unknown said...

My great grandmother used to make these! Oh they are so good!!