Homemade Gifts: Aprons and Recipe Books

Friday, December 03, 2010
This year I made my cousin, and cousin-in-law aprons (bet you didn't see that coming). I also put together a ring of family recipes to go with their aprons. I pulled together a few from each of us that we have brought to the family, as well as recipes from my Mom, Aunt, and Grandmother that the family has enjoyed over the years. I matched the outside paper and ribbon to the aprons, attached a little heart charm I found at Hobby Lobby that said "Made with Love," laminated the recipe cards at a teacher store, and put them on a ring so more can be added...assuming we find more recipes to share and love....I don't think that'll be a problem!
Lydia's Apron (Christmas Gift)

Holly's Apron (Birthday Gift last August)

7 comments

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Too cute!

Christine said...

I am so enjoying coming over here, Christy! This is not only a very pretty gift it is so thoughtful and so special!

You are going to laugh and roll your eyes when you see my Dec 3rd gift idea, that by the way, is posted now because I will be gone tomorrow!

Lori said...

beautiful aprons. I need to get my Christmas ones out.

Country Mouse said...

What a wonderful gift idea!!! They are so lucky!!!! :)

Ashley said...

I just found your blog and am in love with everything! The aprons are gorgeous.

Ashley said...

I just found your blog and am in love with everything! The aprons are gorgeous.

Jenny {Heavenly Blossoms} said...

VERY GOOD IDEA! It's so thoughtful! and everything looks great I wouldn't argue that they were made with love :)