Naughty? ...or Nice? Sugar Cookies

Monday, December 20, 2010
I made this tray of cookies for small Christmas gifts (yet to be named because they are yet to be given).  It's for a group, so....decisions need to be made...who's feeling naughty?  Who's feeling nice this Christmas? 
I saw this cute little gift cookie cutter awhile ago, and I thought it would be great because with one slice of a knife, gifts turn to coal. 
I baked up my favorite sugar cookie recipe, and then whipped up some icing.  Not to be a broken record, but if you add 1 T. of karo syrup to 1 c.  icing, it will harden after about ten hours, and you can package it up. 
I left the gift icing white, and then just dipped them in sprinkles. 
I dyed some icing a reddish color, filled a ziplock, snipped the end, and piped on ribbon. 
I dyed the coal icing gray (so any part that wasn't sprinkled would look darker), and repeated the process, minus the bow.  Naughty people don't deserve bows. 
I printed off some labels, slipped my cookies into baggies, and tied on the messages. 

14 comments

Deb said...

too cute...great hint with the karo syrup...hadn't heard that before...

Unknown said...

That is an absoultely adorable idea.

Erin said...

This is awesome and so dang clever. LOVE them! Wish I would have seen these before the break. Iw ould have given them to co-workers =o) Merry Christmas!!!

CaryManda said...

i so wish i would have seen this before we did our cookies! too cute!

Lisa said...

How cute! LOVE this idea!

Unknown said...

how cute and with the tags. LOVE IT! JEN-CraftOManiac

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

Haha! These are cute!

The Autocrat: Haley said...

LOL Way cute!

DANA said...

Hello! I found you at Keeping It Simple and I am loving your blog! I wanted to invite you to enter my $50 American Express giveaway and my link party that are both going on this week! Keep up the great blogging and happy holidays! -Dana

http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/12/50-american-express-giveaway-ends.htm

Jana said...

What a fun idea!!

Come link up at Giggls, Glitz & Glam

http://gigglesglitzandglam.blogspot.com/2010/12/glam-party-7.html

Janet said...

Very creative! I'm sure they'll love it. :)

Delightful Order said...

Cute! I too, Love Tagging things.. I recently posted some printable Christmas Gift Wrapping Tags over at Delightful Order. Come over & check them out.

EmilyM said...

What a cute idea! Love it!

Ashlee Marie said...

I love these cookies. I am SO going to make them next year. ~ Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's! I'm featuring these on my blog tonight!