Christmas Gift for Mom-Another Calendar

Sunday, December 19, 2010
I made this calendar for my Mom for Christmas from pictures from our Mother/Daughter summer vacation this past summer.  I made her (and the rest of the family) a calendar last year with 3-D scrapbook pieces with scenes from 'life as a family' pictures and the post is here.  
This year I wanted to make her another calendar, but I'm completely backed up with scrapbook projects, so I decided to dip my toe into the world of digital scrapbooking.  I'm usually a 3-D scrapbook sort of gal.  I like to be able to manipulate things....don't read into that too far.  BUT...for a calendar, this was really easy to put together, and personal.  I have no loyalty to Shutterfly, it's just the first photo company I thought of when I put this together.  I'm sure any service would do, unless Shutterfly wants to provide me with incentive, and then....I'm sure NOBODY could do this excellent of a job.  ;o).  It's a simple process, I pulled pics from each location we visited on our trip around the Great Lakes, and made a page in honor of each spot.  There are a bunch of different 'backdrop decorations' you could manipulate, and a million doo dads that can make someone look like an....ummm....professional calendar maker-person, BUT I'm OK with keeping it simple, it still was fun.  It was about 20 bucks.  I googled "Shutterfly Coupons"...there were a ton, and I found one for free shipping at that time.  It took them less than a week to get it to me.  Now, I need to tell my Mom to stay away from my blog b/c this is her Christmas gift, but....I thought I'd post just because a horse is a horse, of course of course, unless you can talk to the horse of course.    That's as good of a reason as anything else.  Here are the pages.



2 comments

Lori said...

My Mom and Mother-n-law love those. I did one last year, they are a lot of work.

Deb said...

I make them through Walgreens...easy peasy...I did a book for my Dad this year with some of my favorite photos I have taken this year...I did a calendar for my Mom...and I did a book about Rooster for my grandson..so much fun...hope they think so also...