Vintage Book Package Shred

Thursday, December 23, 2010
So...a few months back I went to Canton (a mecca for crafts and antiques), and I saw this one booth selling vintage book shred in packages like the above.  Huh?  I was fascinated by it b/c it was something I never would have thought to use for anything but a litter box, but it appealed the the gift wrapper in me.  I used a book I bought for 80 cents at a discount book store last week to make a wreath. 
I chose this particular book b/c it was the biggest, and the cheapest.  I felt a little guilty ripping it to shreds, and I wish I had truly 'icky/old' books to do this to, but I try to get rid of that asap.  It seems pretty obvious.  Rip the pages, and run them through a shredder, but I'm really looking forward to using this book shred for the filling in future packages.  I made this previously for a wreath, and after shredding this up for packaging, I had enough left to make a spell book.  I'd say I got my 80 cents worth.   You know what they say, one man's trash is another man's gift wrap material.  ;o)  That is how the saying goes, right?  Anyway....I'm using this as some box fillers.

2 comments

Deb said...

how cool...gotta love canton...

Oklahoma Granny said...

What a great idea and another way to recycle too!