The Decades: Cheers

Wednesday, January 05, 2011
This is the G-Rated Version of a Cheer's Show get together...brought to you by my iphone. 
This year at work, we are celebrating our school's 50th anniversary.  We are traveling through the decades at various events this year.  I live life in themes, so I tend to embrace whatever 'theme' is chosen for us each year.  My job requires 'hosting' a certain number of meetings for one reason or another.  Fortunately, my co-worker is on board with having themed snacks at our meetings.  Old TV land parties always sound like a fun deal to me for a get together inside or outside of work, and travels along the road of decades themes.  In this particular case, the Cheers theme song went well with our vertical team.  We served 'root' beers and bar snacks (pretzels, popcorn etc), and the words to the cheers theme song were attached to our drinks. 
Cheer's Theme Song
Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got
Taking a break from all your worries sure would help a lot
Wouldn't you like to get away?
Sometimes you want to go - where everybody knows your name
and they're always glad you came
You wanna be where you can see - our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows your name


I can't tell you that the attendees enjoyed the meetings, but I can confirm they enjoyed the root beers. 


3 comments

Erin said...

That's awesome! I LOVED Cheers and still watch reruns when I can find them =o)

Deb said...

now that is a cute idea...

Anji* said...

Brilliant! Again! Almost as good as the breakfast club one ;)