Vintage Banner

Friday, January 28, 2011
I bought these fabrics last summer, and then I discovered I already owned  two other sets of 'these fabrics.'  I guess I'm sort of a fan of the 30's prints featured above.  These are left over from the project I used these fabrics for that I'll post about....maybe around Mother's Day b/c it's a Mother's Day-Ish sort of post.  As for this banner, I'm working on a vintage party....date and details...unknown, but there will be one....someday.  Here is a close up of the banner.  I cut and trimmed each fabric into traingles, and added rickrack.  I then cut, folded, and sewed some left over muslim to make the string these were attached to.  I'm loving the colors. 

Now I need to figure out when I'm going to throw a vintage party....and then I need to go collect those other two 30's collections of fabric, and make those long-lost project ideas I bought those fabrics for!

5 comments

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

I am in love with the fabric, Christy! Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I'm a fabric junkie, and I love your banner. It's adorable!! Great job!!!

Lori said...

I just love the word ric rack! Looks cute adds just the right touch.

Unknown said...

I'm planning on making one of these for my baby's first birthday! To say I'm scared is a vast understatement, lol. I'm not terribly craft-abled. How big did you cut the triangles?

Christy said...

I love banners. I can't wait to hear about your attempts! My flags are about 6 inches across, 10 inches in length. I cute out rectangles, folde in half, and cut from one corner to a point, and used that as my template. You could fray or glue the edges of banners as well if you aren't friends with the sewing machine. I've also done these with colorful felt pieces no sewing required. I'm sure you will do great!