Blythe's Zoo Book

Thursday, February 24, 2011
Blythe knows her alphabet, she can count to 20, and I'm pretty sure she can recite the theory of relativity....she just doesn't feel like it yet, so I think it's time she conquers reading.
I decided to put together a little book for her to read about her trip to the zoo.  As I was taking pictures, I decided to try to get her looking at the animals, and then get a shot of the animal.  I put the pictures together as a powerpoint with a little script and some simple site words.  I printed them off on heavy paper, and laminated them, and bound them for a whole 1.85.   

Oops, I changed to the word 'a' instead of 'the,' but seeing as she's totally gifted and stuff, it should be fine.  And the Sunni antelope....her very favorite thing, so I couldn't leave it out.

7 comments

Anonymous said...

You are so clever and she is going to enjoy that for years and years to come. What a special book of your day together, love it!!

Lori said...

Love it! It will be her favorite book, because she is the star!

Deb said...

what a great day....and a great memory book..you are too sweet...

Craftcherry said...

What a great book! I'll have to remember that for when we go to the aquarium in a couple weeks. My kiddos only 2 but he loves to look at pictures and tell me what everything is.

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

This is an incredible idea, Christy. She will adore it and treasure it. So thoughtful and sweet.

Katie said...

I love stuff like this, it's so easy to do and kids really love it!

Ella said...

so, so sweet!! love the zoo book!