French Clothes Pins

Thursday, February 17, 2011
This is one of those projects I've seen a couple of times around the net, and I've been dying to try this out.  Unfortunately, I didn't save any of the links, so....if it's you, thanks for the inspiration, and let me know, I'll link to you.  I don't know why I was obsessed with finding a big stamp with french script so I could make these, but it became my mission for about four months.  Finally, Hobby Lobby got  new supplies in, and one of the things they had was a large stamp with french script.  I don't know what it says, despite 5 years of french in high school, and 4 college courses.  Ooops.  The only time I've used my french was in a small town in France when I ordered a sandwich, and the lady asked me if I wanted it heated.  I was so excited I knew what she was saying I suddenly felt like the 7 years of my life I spent learning the language was well spent.  I might want to reevaluate that, but I like to look at the positive side of a situation.  It was a mighty delicious sandwich, and I think it was better because it was heated. 
Anyway, I snagged some clothes pins, white paint, water, a brush, an ink pad, and this long await french script stamp.  I painted the clips with a watered down white paint coating, just b/c it was the look I was going for.  I used a little cardboard to keep the pins from sticking. 
 After they dried I slapped the ink down onto the pins.  So far, these are holding up outgoing mail on a wire basket hanging by my door.  I think I'll eventually use them to snap up some photos as well. 

5 comments

Abi and Simon said...

What a fantastic idea!! They look awesome and brilliant idea to use a stamp!

Anonymous said...

OH I love those!!! Oooh la la!!! I did some with fabric but haven't put them to use yet!!! I'm thinking magnets on the back for the refrigerator!!!

Deb said...

so cool....

Anji* said...

These are so cute Christy!
I've been wanting to make some with strips of patterned paper on :)

Kansas Amy said...

Very nice idea. They are so cute! I want some!!