Chalkboard Clothes Pins

Friday, April 22, 2011
I'm currently working on a whole week of 'chalk' related post, but I'm posting this early b/c it's one that I just threw together.  I actually saw these on Etsy, someone was selling 6 for something like 7 bucks.  It's a neat idea, but if you have the time, inclination, and use for the rest of your can of chalkboard paint, this is certainly a more economical way of creating some chalkboard clothes pins.  Grab some clothes pins, and chalkboard paint (I find mine at craft stores, and use 40% off coupons you can find online to purchase mine, but it last a long...long time on a LOT of projects).  Hit 'chalk' on the label below and you'll see how far my can has taken me, and I just purchased a new one recently.  Anyway....spray one side of the pin, dry, repeat. 
It only takes on coat, and then you can snap them up. 
I have a basket for mail I made some incoming/outgoing.  It would also be cute to label clothes on hangers for each day of the week for little kiddos, and I made some for my classroom as well to mark books students have checked out, and hang work etc. 

Linking To:  504 Main  Remodelaholic Funky Junk Tatortots and Jello I Heart Naptime Under the Table CRAFT The Girl Creative Dittle Dattle

6 comments

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

I am IN LOVE with this idea!
So so smart!!!

Megan said...

These are great. I can't wait to see more chalkboard ideas!

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi Christy,
What a great idea...thank you for sharing it. I am a teacher too and can think of so many uses for these. So glad I found your blog!
Cheryl at My Sister's Cottage

Bluebirds and Roses said...

Creative idea..love it!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

I like this idea, Christy. I need to get some chalkboard paint. Can't wait to see your other chalkboard projects :)

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi, friend! I'm admiring all your creative projects here so can you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party and Hop? I hope to see you at at the party :)