Felt Flower Book Bag

Friday, April 08, 2011
Since everyone else was jumping off the cliff into a pile of felt flowers, I decided to join 'everyone.'  I have these bags (I love zebra print), and I decided to jazz them  up.   I used some brown felt I had in my 'emergency stash'...whatever that means-emergency felt can also equal=new low.  I found a flat flower I liked on sale at Etsy, and decided to rig up a process.  I wanted it to be flat so that it wouldn't be a 'burden' for the carrier of the above bag as it brushed past...whatever. 
It only took one sheet of  felt to make this flower that is about six inches across. 
I cut out two of these four petaled flowers.  5 circles that were about an inch, and three that were about an inch and a half. 
I stacked the two larger petal wheels. 
I stacked the five smaller circles around the inside.
I sewed these all together (you could also glue them down, but I'm not very neat with a glue gun). 
I then pinched the ends of the three larger petals and sewed the pinched edge. 
I sewed these down next. 
I added a button.  Buttons make everything better. 
I glued a pin to the back, and put a rectangle across the back to hold it more firmly in place. I figured pinning it to the bag was best so the bag could be washed if necessary. 


Linking To:  Funky Junk

5 comments

Deb said...

you are so clever Christy...what a cute flower..

Shane and Laine said...

Yay me! I love my tote:)

Anji* said...

Very cool tote :)
Love your flower, and love the idea of emergency felt!

Lilianna Grace said...

Super cute blog! I found you from Attention to Detail, she featured some really cute cupcakes you made. I can't wait to look through all of the things you've shared. The bread looks yummo! I'm a new follower...

Sommer said...

Oh cute! That is adorable. I would love to have you share this at my VIP party this weekend =) http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/04/vip-party-10.html