Shadow Silhouette Splatter Painting

Saturday, April 09, 2011
I had this little idea last Christmas when I made this Abbey Road/Beatles splatter painting (source attached to the original link).  I've been in love with silhouette for a long time now, but I have no little kids, and I didn't have any side profiles of my friend's kiddos-my favorite source of craft experiments, until Kristine shared this precious photo of her daughter taken from the side. 
 I printed it off, cut out Kate's silhouette, painting the canvas, and then used adhesive spray to place the photo in one corner. 
 I used a second color, and I painted and splattered. 
I let it dry, and then the photo pealed away without any mess.  I think it's a fun alternative to all the other great shadow works of art out there, and it would be really cute in a variety of colors for a Mom. 

Linking To:  Be Different...Act Normal

3 comments

malia said...

super cool! colorful happy and sweet!

Kath said...

this is sooooo cool! I am really going to try it. thanks for the idea.

kathryn
www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

tt.scraps said...

I can't believe you did this....I did the same thing!!!!! :) Go figure!