Mexican Chicken Tacos

Saturday, May 14, 2011
The most frustrating thing about cooking and trying out new things are the number of duds in the recipe world.  This makes up for all those 'other dishes' I haven't blogged about, but suffered through.  I got this recipe from my friend, Ann at work, and that alone should be enough of a recommendation, but I do believe this is my favorite of all my favorite Ann recipes.  It's so easy, and sooooo, oh soooooo, delicious.  I think the extra o's help, don't you?  Trust me on this, and if you try it and hate it, then....what's wrong with *you?*  This is a recipe I'll be adding to my regular menu, and for a (fake) foodie who rarely cooks the same thing twice, that's says a lot. 
Chicken Taco Ingredients: 
6-8 chicken breast, 1 pkg Lawry's taco seasoning, 8 oz sour cream, 1 small can green chilies, 1 small can sliced black olives, 1 can mushroom soup, cilantro (to taste), monterey jack cheese, flour tortillas, guacamole, chopped tomatoes. 
Chicken Taco Instructions: 
1.  Cut chicken into cubes.  Roll in Lawry's seasoning.
 2.  Place in a 9x13 inch pan, and bake for 25 minutes. 
3.  Mix next 5 ingredients.  Pour over chicken.  Top with shredded cheese (to taste).  Bake until cheese is melted-10-15 minutes. 
4.  Serve in warm flour tortillas with guacamole and chopped tomatoes.

5 comments

tt.scraps said...

yummmmm!! (the exta m's add a lot - just like the o's!)
I am goonna have to try this this week!

Bella @ Bella before and after said...

Oh boy Christy, that looks incredibly delicious. YUMMY!! I love mexican, love chicken, and love tacos. Have to try this out.

Thanks for a great recipe!!

Also if you get a chance, hope you can come over to see how I make the EASIEST chicken curry ever, using rotisserie chicken, and enter to win your own MAGIC Chicken Curry Mix.

Hugs, Bella :)

Lilianna Grace said...

mmmmmm, this looks so darn yum! I'm bookmarking it for next weeks line up. Can I please leave out the black olives though? :)

Lilianna Grace said...

BTW, you are so adorable and creative. You have so many cute ideas on your blog. I always love stopping by. Thanks so much for taking the time to share them with the world!

Party Heartee said...

two questions: what temp. do you bake the chicken and do you drain the green chiles and olives? Love your blog! Thanks for sharing!