On-A-Stick: (Light) Popcorn Balls On-A-Stick

Friday, May 20, 2011
I decided to try out a Weight Watcher recipe I've been holding in a file for awhile.  I adapted it to the supplies I had on hand, but these gals still turned out to be tasty, and a lot lighter than a traditional popcorn ball. 
To make a light vesion of popcorn balls, take 1 bag of 100 calorie buttered popcorn, cook according to directions.  Remover kernals, and add to a 8x8 baking dish. 
Melt 6 pieces of caramel in the microwave (you can also toss in 1 T of chocolate, I didn't-they used 5 pieces WW candy that is a caramel/chocolate mix, I only had caramel pieces on hand).  Stir and add 1 t. of milk. 
Pour over the popcorn and mix.  It won't mix too well, there will be some chunks, you'll be mixing several more times, so it should be fine. 
Place this mix in a bowl, and toss 5 large marshmallows on top. 
 Bake at 350 for 5 minutes.  Pull out.  Let cool for one minute, and then mix it all together, and form 4 balls (about 1 c. each), the original recipe recommended spraying your hands down with cooking spray, it did get pretty sticky, but still doable.  Place these back in the dish, and bake another 5 minutes.  Pull out, insert stick, and cool.  These held together really well, and taste great.  These would be really cute at a circus party, or fall holidays....I have another date with this idea in the fall. 

1 comment

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Love that this came from a Weight Watchers recipe. I haven't had a popcorn ball in years. I love them!