My friend Regan shared her favorite Mac and Cheese recipe when me when she came to visit over Thanksgiving. I haven't met too many Mac and Cheeses I don't like, BUT this was is definitely a keeper. The biggest complement I can give is that my Mom even likes it...and she's not big on the cheese and noodle dishes. Evidence 3,456,766 that proves I'm adopted. Regan's Mac and Cheese Recipe Ingredients:
2 c. dry macaroni, 2 eggs, 1/3 c. buttered (melted), 2 t. salt, 1/2 t. salt, 1 can evaporated milk (12 oz), 3 c. cheddar cheese (shredded).
1. Preheat oven 350. Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
2. Cook pasta with 2 t. salt to al dente. Drain and set aside.
3. In a bowl, beat eggs, and whisk in evaporated milk until well blended.
4. Add 2 c. of cheese, 1/2 t. salt, melted butter, and finally cooked pasta.
5. Pour the mix into a baking dish. Top evenly with remaining cup of cheddar.
6. Bake about 40 minutes (until custard has set, and cheese on top is golden brown).