Regan's Macaronni and Cheese

Sunday, May 29, 2011
My friend Regan shared her favorite Mac and Cheese recipe when me when she came to visit over Thanksgiving.  I haven't met too many Mac and Cheeses I don't like, BUT this was is definitely a keeper.  The biggest complement I can give is that my Mom even likes it...and she's not big on the cheese and noodle dishes.  Evidence 3,456,766 that proves I'm adopted. 
Regan's Mac and Cheese Recipe 
Ingredients:
2 c. dry macaroni, 2 eggs, 1/3 c. buttered (melted), 2 t. salt, 1/2 t. salt, 1 can evaporated milk (12 oz), 3 c. cheddar cheese (shredded). 
1.  Preheat oven 350.  Grease a 9x13 baking dish. 
2.  Cook pasta with 2 t. salt to al dente.  Drain and set aside. 
3.  In a bowl, beat eggs, and whisk in evaporated milk until well blended. 
4.  Add 2 c. of cheese, 1/2 t. salt, melted butter, and finally cooked pasta. 
5.  Pour the mix into a baking dish.  Top evenly with remaining cup of cheddar. 
6.  Bake about 40 minutes (until custard has set, and cheese on top is golden brown). 
7.  Devour.

3 comments

Bunny Wilson said...

Is it a 12 oz can of evaporated milk or the smaller one? It looks so good and I plan on trying this recipe!

Christy said...

Hi Bunny, Thanks for asking....I'll change it now....kind of an important detail, huh? Yes, the 12 oz can. Let me know how it turns out, it really is great! Very hearty!

Regan said...

Um, yeah, you must have been adopted. That explains so much about us, doesn't it? :)