Winnie the Pooh Invitations

Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Welcome to Pooh's Corner.   I have a lot of Pooh related post coming in the next few months on this blog, ending with the whole Pooh shower she-bang this fall.  My lifelong friend, Regan is pregnant!  She has tried for years, and has a lot of medical hiccups.  In the past, she has used medical help with no success.  After being gone for a year serving in the military overseas, her husband came home....and they are pregnant (I got to go visit her last week for her graduation, post planned for tomorrow on those details).  All my friends know I have every event planned for the rest of their life, and their kids life, and their kid's best friend's, coach's, daughter's, brother's, best friend's, teacher's daughter's next birthday.  I love doing 'this sort of stuff.' 
I called Regan up and I told her I wanted to throw a vintage woodland themed party for her.
She told me she was scared of owls. 
I told her to get over it. 
Literally, our conversation. 
She told me she was doing 'Pooh' as the nursery theme. 
I remembered my name is Christy Robbins, my Mom was expecting a boy-Christopher Rob(b)ins, get it?  I'm glad I'm a girl. 
But still, a shower that's pretty much my namesake? 
OK. 
I actually had another uber cute, 3-D invitation idea, but these little guys are being mailed far and wide, and these bottles seemed sturdier.  I'm using the other packaging idea for the favors. 
The invites are always the first peek into how an event is going to be, and I want people to want to come just to see what will follow the invitations! 
I found the jars on this website.  They are only 50 cents for the bottle and the cap.  The shipping was as much as the bottles, so they ended up being a dollar each.  It's not a bad price, and it was the best I could find when shipping/bottles were combined. 

I 'lifted' some clip art using google imaging, and added these to address labels.  I'll add the guest addresses to the labels.  I put my return address on a small sticker on top (I blotched out the addresses, not because *you* aren't totally on the guest list, but.....)
The jars have a smooth belly, and a smooth back.  I'm going to place the mailing stamps on the back.  (2 regular priced stamps, I'm going to see if I can find one that sort of kind of goes with my theme, and I'll share the final invites pre-mailing in a few months). 
For the innards, I bought this bee punch for 'confetti' from Michael's, it's Martha Stewart...in my head, she'd approve.  I printed off a simple invitation with info from the front using a 'food quote from Pooh.'  
"It's more fun to talk with people who doesn't use difficult words, but rather short easy words like How about Lunch?"
 On the back, I found a bunch of sweet quotes from pooh, and a little square with a bee.  I inked both of the edges, and then glued them down to a larger sheet of brown paper (5x7).  You can click to read those, but they will be on a lot of other shower related things in the the future as well.
I added a little hive I cut out free hand, and a bee from a stamp with a little buzz I dotted onto the back. 
I rolled it up, tied it up with some ribbon from Hobby Lobby, and slipped them inside the bears with the bee confetti. 

Linking To:  Tip Junkie Anything Related  Sugar Bee  Trendy Treehouse Remodelaholic  Blackberry Vine FFA Tatortots and Jello Funky Junk Craft Envy Along for the Ride Be Different Act Normal Under the Table and Dreaming

13 comments

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

These are so adorable, Christy. You just go all out! I can't believe these are mailable! Super job :)

Deb said...

too cute....

Erin said...

Tag! You're it! Hope you'll come play! =o)

http://makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com/2011/05/kid-friendly-dinner-tag-menu.html

tt.scraps said...

Girl....you are AMAZING!!!! I honestly thought about Pooh when I first read your name! Pooh was my first born's nursery and shower theme as well. Too bad we weren't BBFF then!!! :)

Mish086 said...

So adorable!

Unknown said...

Super cute!

Sharing a link to this with my Facebook readers. :)

emily said...

hi! i just came over from the remodelaholic link party– this is such a cute idea!

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

Oh my gosh, that's the most adorable thing I have ever seen!! Thank you so much for linking up and hope to see you again next Thursday!

maddy said...

people choose the Winnie The Pooh theme for their shower because it is a gender neutral design, working equally well for little boys or little girls..

Babyshower Invitations

Nikki ~ Let's Craft!! said...

I love creative themes. I need to work on some. Ugg the time right?

Would love for you to stop by to visit me... http://bestpartofbelieveis.blogspot.com/ I am your newest follower!! Hope you follow back!!

~ Nikki

Jami said...

Too, too, TOO cute!!! Your Winnie Invites are so creative! They made the To Do List this week! Feel free to stop by and grab a button! Can't wait to see what you share next!

Smiles!
Jami

Unknown said...

Great i think its the is different idea a that suits for my SIL son's birthday party.ThanksPooh baby shower

yo8798 said...

So did it only cost 2 stamps to mail? And did it make it to all the places you mailed them to? It seems like such a fun invite to do for my soon to be 4 year old!