Somehow I grew up without this recipes. I know, I know, everyone and their dog has made this, makes this, or has eaten this every Sunday since 1976, but I didn't. I never ate a bite of chicken spaghetti until I was in my last 20's. I can't explain it, except I was deprived. There is a therapy couch somewhere with my name on the attached bill. Where was CPS when I was growing up?
So, when I did have this, at work, for the first time, I asked for the recipe. Unfortunately, I have no idea who gave it to me...no name is attached, and it got buried in a pile of things I wanted to try. I'm glad I did find it, and that SOMEONE's family made this recipe and shared it with the family. Yu-um! Now I have to wonder, what else am I missing?
1. Boil 3 lbs. chicken ( boned, and cubed when finished)-reserve water
2. Saute 1 chopped onion in oil.
3. Mix together 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 3/4 c. grated cheddar cheese, 1 1/2 c. chicken broth.
4. Stir together all the ingredients. While you are completing this....
5. Cook spaghetti in the reserved broth, follow time instructions on the package (add water as necessary to cook). Drain.
6. Pour chicken mix over spaghetti, and stir. Place in a casserole dish. Top with 1/4 c. grated cheddar cheese.
7. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. (Until cheese is melted.)