Banana Bites

Monday, July 25, 2011
 I've heard of chocolate dipped bananas, I've even tried them out before, but I decided to make these in bitesize, and I think this is my favorite version yet because there is a perfect banana/chocolate ratio. 
 These were really easy to make.  I cute a banana in half. 
 I used the large side of a melon baller to put out three balls from each halve of the banana. 
 After each ball was pulled out, I sliced off the flesh to pull out the next ball.
 I melted up some chocolate (1 minute at 30 second intervals, stir and repeat).  And then I dipped each banana into the chocolate. 


I placed these in the freezer on wax paper to let the chocolate harden.  These would also be good on ice cream sundaes.
Linking To:  Marvelous Mess  CRAFT DIY Home Sweet Home Running with Glitter  Keeping it Simple Sew Can Do Dittle Dattle CraftOManiac This Week's Cravings Between Naps on the Porch Cherished Bliss Tip Junkie Reasons to Skip Housework Blackberry Vine Handmade Tuesday Tempt My Tummy Sugar Bee

16 comments

Deborah March said...

CUTE idea for fast treats...my grandkidlets would love these! Thanks!

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

What a great idea-perfect for a guick snack!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

These look delish - any idea how long they can be stored?

Tammie said...

Thank you so much for posting this! I have TRIED to make chocolate dipped bananas but they just never work out. These bite size ones will be ideal!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

OH my mouth is so watering right now! These look so easy and yummy -- perfect for this hot weather when you don't want to heat up the oven to make a quick dessert!

Mami Made It said...

Love it! It is simple and everybody loves banana and chocolate. Thank you for this great tip!

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

Yummy! Bananas and chocolate together are so tasty! I host a recipe swap every week and I'd love for you to come by and show off a recipe or two. Have a blessed day :)
Katie

NANCY LEFKO said...

mmmmm...reminds me of the frozen bananas at DisneyWorld!

HoneySage said...

I love the melon ball idea. Thanks for sharing!

Lila said...

these could very well become my whole reason for getting out of bed in the mornings!!!

cherished bliss said...

Man, I didn't need to see this post! I'm a sucker for banana and chocolate. But at least it's healthy since its MOSTLY fruit : )

Thanks for linking up!

annies home said...

love that they are bite size pieces great for a snack come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Christy said...

@ Patti-You could keep these for a good week as long as you just store them in the freezer in an airtight container, just bring them out when you are ready to serve and let them get to room temp, or eat them like ice cream.

Jami said...

Hi Christy!
These banana bites look so yummy! Great idea with the melon baller! Thanks so much for sharing it at the Tuesday To Do Party!
Smiles!
Jami
www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

oooooooo, these look great. Perfect sized too....a whole banana is a lot to eat in my mind!!

Unknown said...

I wanted to let you know that I am featuring this recipe on the sidebar of my blog for a week!! Here is the link to my post (and the start of this weeks Marvelous Mess party!!):
http://www.marvelouslymessy.com/2011/07/marvelous-mess-24-and-features.html

Don't forget to grab a featured button!! :-) Thanks again for linking up!! :-)