Monday, August 15, 2011

Chocolate Strawberry Boats

The problem with chocolate dipped strawberries is that you usually run out of chocolate towards the top, and then you are left with a boring 'ol strawberry.  I saw a picture for these guys here, the site is actually a really beautiful photography site, but on this particular day, I thought, hey, I think I can do that, and solve life's most important problem-how to make a chocolate covered strawberry enjoyable from start to finish. 
 I cut off the base of the strawberry so they can rest standing up, then I sliced off the top, and melon balled out the middle. 
I dipped the base in chocolate (melted in the microwave at 30 second intervals between stirring-about 1.5 minutes total) and rested it on wax paper.  I then used a spoon and spooned chocolate into the strawberry bowl at the top as well.  A few of the strawberries had little 'holes' that went to the bottom when I melon balled out the middle, BUT this wasn't a problem once the coat of chocolate at the base dried.  These would be cute at a dinner party, or a shower with a fun topper, or just as is.  Notice mine didn't make it that far?  THAT would require sharing.   


Kelley said...

These wouldn't make it to any dinner party of ours either! Mm-mmm!

Traci said...

What a magnificent idea.