Cupcakes: Spaghetti Cupcakes

Wednesday, September 21, 2011
 With a degree in rocket science, you too can make spaghetti cupcakes.  Fine, it's not going to change anyone's life, but how fun are :insert anything on earth: served in cupcake form?  These hold together well, and per the nature of spaghetti are better the next day.  As for the innards.  I just mixed a pound of cooked meat with a jar of spaghetti sauce and a few spices and garlic .  I added my noodles (any would work, just cook up a box, add and drain), and then filled cups 3/4 full with this mix.  (I tried half out with some crust, but the crust was just soggy, so do as I say...not as I did).  Half were just noodles...you can see one of those in the top left hand corner. 
 Add a handful of mozzarella cheese on top and a sprinkle of Parmesan.  This becomes the glue.  Bake at 350 until the cheese is melted.
 Let these cool enough before popping them out so they retain their shape.  Baked spaghetti is just good anyway, but baking them in cups provides fuel for my cheese to noodle ratio needs.  This make approximately 2,00,345 cupcakes. 

4 comments

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

Genius! I'm giving this a try

Ashley said...

What a fun idea my boys would love these.

www.thedailysmash101.blogspot.com

Jules said...

I saw a similar recipe once making cupcake size chicken parmesan. Love these ideas!!

Traci Marie Wolf said...

That is so cool. I need to try it.