Cupcakes: Garlic Cheese Cupcakes

Tuesday, September 20, 2011
 There aren't a lot of things I love as much as a sugar filled cupcake, but these are equal to any cupcake I've ever shoveled down....I mean....nibbled on like a delicate flower.  These are worth every minute...and calorie.  I found this recipe at Farm Girl, she doesn't know it yet, but she's pretty much one of my favorite people today. 
Cheese Cupcake Recipe
Dough Ingredients: 1 T. yeast (I used a package), 1 12/ c. warm water (follow packet instructions on temperature), 1 1/2 T. sugar, 1 t. salt, 4-5 1/2 c. flour, 3 T veg oil, 1 egg yolk
Spread Ingredients:  1/2 c. butter, 1 1/2 T. garlic salt (reduce if you don't love garlic as much as I do...it's powerful), mozzarella cheese (about 1 c., shredded)
Dough Instructions:  Combine yeast, sugar, water, and stir.  Let sit until bubbly.  Add salt, oil, yolk and mix.  Add 3 c. of flour and mix.  Add 1 more cup, mix.  Add up to 1 1/2 cup more until dough is barely sticky to fingers (I only need 4 1/2 c.)  Knead 2-3 minutes.  Cover and let rise 1 hour. 
Roll dough out onto a board sprayed with cooking oil (like Pam). 
Mix butter and garlic salt, and spread over the rolled dough. 
Sprinkle cheese on top.
Roll up (like you are making cinnamon rolls). 
Slice into 18 pieces.  Let these rise for 20 more minutes while the oven is heating. 
Bake at 350 for 18 minutes. 
If garlic cheese cupcakes were a boy....I'd marry it yesterday.

6 comments

tt.scraps said...

Darn, you! Ruining my diet...AGAIN!!! This look amazing!! You ROCK!!

Erin said...

Oh my gosh! YUM! I want these for breakfast!!!

Amanda and Cade Butler said...

You are a fabulous. The end.

The Daily Smash said...

I would love for you to add a print button to your recipes. I always want a copy of so many of them.. Thanks

tt.scraps said...

I have these in the oven now!!! :)

tt.scraps said...

OMG!!! These are amazing!!!! My son said that they are too cheesey though. I'm making him stay in his room until he gets his mind right. YUMMMMMMMMM!!!!!