The Pumpkin: Veronica's Moist Pumpkin Cookies

Friday, September 02, 2011
I had these for the first time last year at a luncheon at school.  I did not pass go, I did not wait to ask for the recipe.  I love pumpkin.  I pretend like it cancels out the stick of butter, and truckload of sugar when I mix it up with desserts.  These cookies are no exception.  They are soft, and yummy, and deliciously fabulous.  I'd say they were perfect for fall, but why limit yourself like that?  I can't wait to see what Veronica shares this year at work. 
MOIST PUMPKIN COOKIES
Makes 5-6 dozen (I halved this recipe)
Cookie Ingredients:  1 c. butter (softened), 2 c. packed brown sugar, 2 c. sugar, 3 c. canned pumpkin, 2 eggs, 2 t. vanilla, 4 1/2 c. flour, 2 1/2 t. cinnamon, 2 t. baking powder, 1 t. baking soda, 1 t. salt, 1 t. ground nutmeg. 
Cooking Instructions: 
Mix butter and sugars.  Add in pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla.  Add in the dry ingredients until blended.  Drop in generous T size drops onto an ungreased cookie sheet. 
Bake at 350 minutes for 12-15 minutes. 
Caramel Glaze Ingredients: 
6 T. butter, 6. T brown sugar, 6 T. sugar, 6 T. whipping cream, 1 c. powdered sugar, 3/4 t. vanilla. 
Caramel Glaze Instructions: 
Heat butter, sugars, and whipped cream in a pan, bring to a boil and let boil for one minute, stir constantly. 
Pull off stove and stir in powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until smooth.  Let the glaze rest for a few minutes and then pour over the cookies. 

No comments