Strawberry Cupcakes

Thursday, September 29, 2011
 You must...must...must try this strawberry cake recipe.  Shirley, who provided a delicious broccoli salad recipe a few months ago shared this one with me as well.  Just like I place the bacon/mayo covered broccoli under the 'vegetable' category, I'll be calling these a fruit when I mark it down in my calorie counter.  These would be really cute decorated like actual strawberries, but I was working with little energy and little time when I put these together, but I did use a few of the 420 vegetable baskets I bought....need...intervention...now. 
Cupcake Ingredients:  White Cake Mix (18.25 oz), 1 pkg (3 oz) strawberry gelatin, 1 c. mashed fresh strawberries, 1 c. vegetable oil, 1/2 c. milk, 4 eggs, 1 c. flaked coconut, 1/2 c. chopped pecans
Cupcake Instructions:  combine cake and gelatin mix.  Make a well in the center and pour 1 c. of berries, oil, milk, and eggs.  Beat until well blended (about three minutes).  Fold in coconut and pecans.  This makes  a very full 24 cupcakes.  Bake 18 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.  I used this strawberry icing recipe with this recipe.   

2 comments

Tam said...

cute packaging

Heather said...

Must. Eat. These. Now!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe, and cute packaging too!