Map Pendant

Saturday, October 08, 2011
One of my bff is originally from a little map dot called Big Flats, New York.  She's happy with the place that life has taken her, but I know her roots are important to her.  I decided to make her a necklace mapping out those roots for a quick Christmas gift.  I saw this idea on Etsy at some point in life.  It was easy, and I'm digging the outcome.  I used an old map of New York, and grabbed these charms at the craft store along with Ice Resin (that hardens after sitting out for a few days). 
 I cut the map down to size, glued it down, and then covered the top with resin. 
So easy, so fun.  I'm going to make another one of these in key chain form for friends of mine who possess a Y-chromosome. 
 
Linking To:  Crafty Soiree

8 comments

Lori said...

Love this idea and adding the tiny heart is perfect.

Lori said...

Love this idea and adding the tiny heart is perfect.

Deb said...

what a unique idea...

Jilly said...

It looks great but you wasted your map. It may be useful for long travel. At the end, your work is excellent, sure it will match with any party wear.
printed stickers

Ella said...

love this!

tt.scraps said...

Awesome idea!!! I will make a TX one for you when you move to NY to be on the Today Show!

Emily said...

I can't find ice resin in any of the stores around here. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Christy said...

I usually find it in the jewelry section of the hobby stores. Look for a clear glaze that dries hard.