Christmas Cookies: Milk and Cookies Exchange Idea (Neiman Marcus Cookies)

Tuesday, November 29, 2011
I saw this cute little printable here, and I knew exactly where this would be headed this year!  Last year I spent a lot of time considering my cookie packaging, and...of course, I saw this AFTER I sewed 25 sleeves and committed to a different idea.  This is such a fun way to exchange cookies, and I knew the perfect recipe to fill these little guys up with.  My friend Regan's dad introduced me to Neiman Marcus cookies years ago.  They are a really great cookie with a touch of coffee.
Neiman Marcus Cookie Recipe
Ingredients:  1/2 c. stick butter (softened), 1 c. light brown sugar, 3 T. sugar, 1 egg, 2 t. vanilla, 1 3/4 c. flour, 1/2 t. baking powder, 1/2 t. baking soda, 1/2 t. salt, 1 1/2 t. instant expresso coffee powder, 1 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips. 
Instructions: 
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
2.  Cream butter with sugars. 
3.  Beat in eggs and vanilla. (about 30 seconds)
4.  Si in flour, baking powder, and baking soda on low.
5.  Stir in expresso and chips (I finally found the instant expresso at a higher end grocery store). 
6. Make 2 T. balls.  Drop on greased sheet.  Gently press down (into 2 inch circles).
7.  Bake 20 minutes. 
*Makes 2 dozen.  I made mine a little smaller so they would fit inside my milk cartons. 

2 comments

Unknown said...

delightful and such cute packaging.

malia said...

That's adorable and I KNOW it's delicious! xo Miss ya on the blog scene! Life is too dang busy... Hope you are dping great and happy holidays xoxoxo