Christmas Tree Keepsake

Friday, November 25, 2011
My friend Heather told me about this idea, and it's so simple, yet so sweet.  I began my own collection last year.  I love fresh trees, and I purchase one each year.  I asked the guys bagging up my tree this past year to give me the cut from the bottom they always saw off to have a 'fresh' cut for when I take it home drink water.  I wrote the year, who was there, and where we were (there's a bit of a 'code' for the locations, but I'll know what they mean). 
I also used some mod podge, and I put a picture from Christmas on the reverse side. 
I sprayed it down with some waterproof sealant (that I use to make coasters). 
I may eventually drill a hole in the top and turn these into yearly ornaments, but for now, I'm going to place them in a bowl, like Heather does.  I loved exploring her collections of various sized trees, and the memories she inscribed on the wood using a permanent marker. 

2 comments

tt.scraps said...

What a great idea!!! Wish I'd started years ago...better now then never!

Deb said...

awesome idea..